Hip & Knee Classes
Have you recently had hip or knee surgery? Are you waiting for hip or knee surgery? Do you have hip or knee issues, and hope to prevent the need for surgery?
If you answered YES to any of the above questions – look no further!
River East Physiotherapy offers hip & knee group exercise classes. These classes are for people who:
- Have recently had hip or knee surgeries (such as a knee replacement, a hip replacement, ACL repair, or meniscus repair);
- Are preparing for hip or knee surgery; or
- Are living with hip and/or knee osteoarthritis, ACL injury, or meniscus injury, and trying to prevent the need for surgery.
Pain, swelling, bruising and difficulty walking is common before or after a hip or knee surgery. Physiotherapy can help you better manage these symptoms and get you back to doing what you love!
How Can Physiotherapy Help Exactly?
Physiotherapy has the potential to help you:
- Increase your range of motion
- Increase your muscular strength
- Improve your balance and coordination
- Improve your ability to walk and go up or down stairs
- Reduce your swelling
- Reduce your pain
- Improve the mobility of your scar tissue
Why Group Exercise Classes?
- You can socialize with others who have also experienced similar injuries
- You get a motivating instructor and a safe environment
- You get access to professional rehabilitation & cardiovascular equipment
Exercise and Osteoarthritis:
Exercise is a safe and effective way to manage pain related to osteoarthritis. Regular moderate exercise can reduce your pain, improve your physical function and slow the progression of joint degeneration. Your physiotherapist will help to create an individualized program that is tailored specifically to you to help you reach your goals.
Exercise and Surgery:
A guided exercise program lead by a physiotherapist instructor can help you to improve your mobility and maximize your strength. Group exercise classes are an excellent way to prevent surgery, prepare for surgery, facilitate your recovery, and get you back to your previous fitness level.
Your physiotherapist will be there to guide you (and challenge you!) every step of the way.
Group Classes and COVID-19:
Class participation is limited so all participants are able to physically distance from each other for the entire class. All equipment is sanitized before and after use. Read more here about all the precautions our clinic takes to reduce the risk of transmitting COVID-19, and other infectious diseases.
More About Classes:
Hip & Knee classes are Tuesdays & Thursdays at 10 am at our Henderson Highway location. Classes are designed and led by physiotherapist Maddy Lengyel, in partnership with the other physiotherapists at River East Physiotherapy. Registration is limited to six participants per session.
If you've recently had a total hip and knee replacement, the Government of Manitoba may cover the cost of your classes and/or your one-on-one treatments with a physiotherapist. Learn more here about government funding for hip & knee rehabilitation at our clinic.
Still not sure if a group exercise class is right for you?
Call us for a free 15-minute phone consultation with one of our registered physiotherapists.