Manitoba Code Orange Update: Even though our provincial response level has changed from 'Red' to 'Orange,' our COVID-19 protocols are staying strict. We're still open for in-person and virtual visits.
As a health care facility, River East Physiotherapy has always taken precautions to prevent spreading infections - such as by sanitizing frequently touched surfaces, diligent hand washing and providing clean linens. In fact, as regulated health professionals, we are required to follow guidelines by the College of Physiotherapists of Manitoba to prevent the spread of infection and to ensure a safe environment for treating patients.
In response to the COVID-19, we've gone even further to reduce the risk. Here are some examples of what we do to keep you safe:
- Our staff wear personal protective equipment, as required by the provincial government. This includes medical masks and eye protection.
- Everyone in the clinic - including staff and clients - answers the provincial COVID-19 screening tool questions before coming in. Patients answer the questions at time of booking and again upon arrival. Staff answer them before every shift. That means there's a low risk of anyone infected with COVID-19 being in the clinic.
- All staff are required wash their hands or use hand sanitizer (as per government hand hygiene guidelines) between each client contact, at minimum.
- All linens (e.g. pillowcases, blankets, towels, gowns) are washed after each use.
- We sanitize frequently touched surfaces with government-approved disinfectants (we use the EPA list of disinfectants approved for use against COVID-19 and the Government of Manitoba list of Facility Approved Disinfectants). Surfaces used by patients, such as treatment beds or bells, are wiped down after each use. Other frequently touched surfaces, such as countertops and door handles, are sanitized at least three times a day.
- Patient treatment rooms are sanitized after each patient.
- Any exercise equipment used by patients is sanitized after each use.
- All treatment spaces are two meters apart or more - making it easy to physically distance from other patients.
- We've gone paperless as much as possible. For instance, patients are now asked to fill out intake forms online before their appointment. We can also send your customized exercise program, including photos and videos, directly to your email.
- Virtual physiotherapy is available to patients who prefer to receive physiotherapy from the comfort of their home.
We are also engaging our patients to further reduce the risk of spreading this disease. For all patients, we request that you:
- Wear a mask to your in-person appointments. Ensure the mask covers your nose, mouth, and chin. If you don't have a mask, you can buy one from us.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer when you arrive at the clinic.
- Answer honestly when our staff ask you the questions from the COVID-19 screening tool. This helps us ensure all people in our clinic are low risk for transmitting COVID-19.
- Practice physical distancing – stay 2 meters / 6 feet from everyone in the clinic, except your therapist and therapy assistant.
- Arrive exactly on time for your appointment, and wait in your car if you arrive early. This prevents any crowding in our waiting room.
- Please do not bring anyone else to your appointment. This includes friends, family and particularly children. If you must bring an adult guest with you, they must complete the screening questions too.
- Tell us if there's anything we can do to make you feel more comfortable!
These measures align with the Province of Manitoba's COVID-19 guidelines and directions. We will continue to monitor these public health guidelines and adapt our practices accordingly.