Administrative Physiotherapy Assistant
We're seeking a cheerful and organized person to become our new Administrative Physiotherapy Assistant.
The Administrative Physiotherapy Assistant works collaboratively with patients and staff to continuously improve the patient experience. They are a lead receptionist. They coordinate the work of reception and assistants, and work closely with the Clinic Manager. They are great with people, highly organized, and computer savvy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Greeting clients and other visitors when they arrive
- Answering phones and phoning patients
- Scheduling appointments for clients, in person and over the phone
- Taking payments
- Keeping reception areas clean and sanitized
- Continuously looking for opportunities for us to better serve our patients
Supporting physiotherapy care:
- Assisting physiotherapists with patients, such as by applying heat and ice
- Cleaning treatment rooms
- Doing laundry.
Becoming the back-up to the Clinic Manager by sharing responsibilities such as:
- Culture - keeping work fun
- Accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Scheduling staff
- Training new staff
- Updating the website, social media, and online booking tool
- Surveying patients and acting on patient feedback
Training, Knowledge and Experience:
For the right candidate, we will provide substantial training and support to grow into this role.
Training and experience in the following areas would be assets:
- Organizing fun events!
- Customer service
- Marketing & sales
Skills & Abilities:
- Organizational skills, with a strong ability to multi-task. This means frequently switching from one task to another, in response on physiotherapist and client needs, while maintaining accuracy. It also requires the ability to prioritize and get highest priority tasks done first.
- Computer savviness. This role requires the ability to quickly learn new software (such as our clinic management software, Jane App) and use the internet to solve problems. It also requires at least a basic proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word and Excel).
- An aptitude for problem solving. Our patients, staff, systems and processes are always changing – we need someone who can adapt easily and help us solve new problems as they come up.
- Attention to detail. This role manages confidential patient and financial information, so precision is required.
- People skills. We work with people, all day every day. This role requires the ability to empathize with people, make patients feel welcome and comfortable, collaborate with colleagues, and sometimes have difficult conversations. It also requires an ability to communicate clearly – verbally and in writing.
- Adequate physical fitness. Depending on the day, this role could require you to sit at a desk for 8 hours, or be on your feet for 8 hours.
This role requires availability mainly in the daytime, with some availability in evenings. Here's a sample weekly schedule:
- Wednesdays 12:45 pm to 9:15 pm
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays 7:15 am to 3:45 pm
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$24.00 per hour
COVID-19 considerations: All successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Read more about what we do to keep our clinic clean, safe and secure.
Interested? Apply now by clicking here.
Questions? Ask us by emailing [email protected], with "Administrative Physiotherapy Assistant" in the subject line.