Patient Experience Coordinator
We're seeking a cheerful and organized person to become our new Patient Experience Coordinator.
The Patient Experience Coordinator will work collaboratively with patients and staff to continuously improve the patient experience. They will work closely with our Clinic Manager and coordinate the work of reception. They are great with people, highly organized, an adept problem-solver, and adaptable to change.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Patient Experience Coordinator will support the Clinic Manager with administrative tasks, such as:
- Scheduling staff;
- Accounts receivable and accounts payable;
- Tracking and analysing clinic performance; and
- Training new staff.
They will collaborate with other staff to improve the patient experience from beginning to end, including:
- Updating the website, social media, and online booking tool;
- Keeping in touch with patients by phone or email;
- Surveying patients and acting on patient feedback; and
- Continuously looking for opportunities for us to better serve our patients.
They will also have reception duties, such as:
- Greeting patients and other visitors when they arrive;
- Answering phones and phoning patients;
- Scheduling appointments for clients face-to-face and over the phone; and
- Handling payment.
The Patient Experience Coordinator may also provide Physiotherapy Assistant services on occasion, as a ‘back-up’ to other team members. This may include: assisting physiotherapists with patient care (such as by applying heat and ice); keeping the treatment rooms clean; and doing laundry.
Training, Knowledge and Experience
We will provide substantial training for the right candidate.
Training and experience in the following areas would be assets:
- Customer service
- Marketing and sales
- Meeting facilitation
- Business administration - general
Skills and Abilities
- Organizational skills, with a strong ability to multi-task. This means frequently switching from one task to another, in response on physiotherapist and client needs, while maintaining accuracy. It also requires the ability to prioritize and get highest priority tasks done first.
- Computer savviness. This role requires the ability to quickly learn new software (such as our clinic management software, Jane App) and use the internet to solve problems. It also requires a basic proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- An aptitude for problem solving. Our patients, staff, systems and processes are always changing – we need someone who can adapt easily and help us solve new problems as they come up.
- Attention to detail. This role manages confidential patient and financial information, so precision is required.
- People skills. We work with people, all day every day. This role requires the ability to empathize with people, make patients feel welcome and comfortable, collaborate with colleagues, and sometimes manage difficult conversations. It also requires an ability to communicate clearly – verbally and in writing.
- Adequate physical fitness. Depending on the day, this role could require you to be on your feet for 8 hours supporting physiotherapists, or sitting at a desk.
This role requires availability in the daytime and evenings. Here's a SAMPLE weekly schedule:
- Mondays and Wednesdays, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- Fridays 11:30 am to 6:00 pm.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.65 - $24.00 per hour, depending on skills & experience
- The successful applicant must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Read more here about the additional precautions we're taking to reduce the risk of COVID-19 at our clinic.
Interested? Apply now by clicking here.
Questions? Ask us by emailing [email protected], with "Patient Experience Coordinator job" in the subject line.