Physiotherapy and Massage Therapy are covered under many extended health benefits plans. At each appointment, we provide you with a detailed receipt for you to submit to your insurance company.
Direct billing means we do the work for you to chase your insurance company for their payment. It's convenient for you, because you don't have pay us at your appointment (unless there's a portion of your treatment fee that your insurance company won't cover).
If your insurance plan does allow for direct billing, we can direct bill to the following insurance companies for both physiotherapy and massage therapy:
Insurance Coverage Tips for Clients:
- Physiotherapy is tax deductible, for those who qualify.
- Every insurance plan is unique. Before your appointment, always check with your insurance provider to confirm whether your therapy is covered under your plan, and if there are any conditions. For example:
- Do you need a doctor's referral for your therapy to be covered by your insurance?
- Does your insurance only cover a certain number of treatments? If so, how many?
- Does your insurance coverage re-set every year? If so, does that 'year' start January 1, or another day?
- If your injury is work-related, make sure to bring your Worker's Compensation Board claim number to your first appointment.
- If your injury is the result of a motor vehicle accident, make sure to bring your Manitoba Public Insurance bodily injury claim number to your first appointment.
- Have you recently had a hip or knee replacement? You may be eligible for Government of Manitoba funding to cover the cost of your physiotherapy after your surgery. Learn more here.